As you are beginning this process, I highly recommend getting a notebook, binder, or app to keep track of your ideas, thoughts, and lists. This process takes time. One of the best things that worked for me is the app “Evernote”. I like it because it will sync over two devices (in the free version) and over more if you pay the annual subscription. I have found it is a very handy app to have and utilize.
Here are some ideas and resources for building a leadership team:
As you are going through the questions below, WRITE down the answers
- Start with “Why do I need a leadership team?”
- What is your “why”?
- Watch this video to find your “why”: Simon Sinek
- Questions to ask after you determine your “why”.
- Do I have access to people to form a team?
- What resources do I have access to (e.g.: funding, space, time, marketing, etc…)?
- How much time do I have, can I dedicate, to building the infrastructure necessary to build and support my team?